14 January 2014

ENTR 210 'Launch and Learn'

Welp. This semester is the one where I start a business. And discuss it in class. In front of people. People that aren't my mother.

At first, I was really scared of this class. Last semester's Intro to Entrepreneurship class intimidated me because I was surrounded by all these really smart kids who knew just what they wanted to do in the business world or already had businesses of their own, etc. The first day of this new class, I felt dread. I do, in fact, know what I want to do in the business world. It's just not something I'm really comfortable starting on just yet, especially while I'm in school.

And the thing about ENTR 210 is that you actually have to start a business start a business start a business start a business.

After today I am no longer as intimidated. Brother Porter had us each tell the class who we were and our business idea. Some kids still didn't have ideas and others had too many. Oh, I thought. I'm not the only human kid here, I guess.

Now that I have my idea (which I will be sharing here very soon!) I'm pretty excited to get started. It's going to take a while, but an Irishman in my class told me it could get me to SL Comic Con in April, and maybe September!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I have an opinion. A lot of the time I keep to myself, but the times that I do let you know what it is, I'll be right to the point. You may or may not like it.