01 June 2011

Time and Space

My how the time's flown! Dad just called me today and we discussed our trip for a long time. We fly out to Paris on July 2nd, which is almsot exactly one month from now.

In other news, Aislynn and Ronan's birthday is coming up as well and I'm working on a tunic for Aislynn. It's gonna be so darling! I've made a sleeveless tunic base with purple jersey, and am covering it in 4.5" circles that have been folded to make ruffles. The circles go up the top about 2/3s of the way, so it's got an empire waist. I can't wait to see her in it! I shall take many pictures and put them up here.

...and now I have to think of something for Ronan. FAST! I only have a month! What would you make for your ten year old brother?

Also, I've gotten to the End of Time in watching Doctor Who. Since I've never written about this before: I only started watching this in November, but I wanted to do it properly so I started with Series One, with Christopher Eccleston. So I've yawned during Aliens of London, cried during Doomsday and all through the Runaway Bride, couldn't blink for a week after Blink*, and had a heart attack as I watched Silence in the Library in the dark. And now, apparently, Rose has her own living copy of Ten. I'm jealous. So, now I've reached the End of Time, and now I'm depressed. Because I've enjoyed David Tennant as Ten. And apparently he regenerated in this special. Why do all the bad things happen during specials?

*So, about Blink. Possibly the scariest episode during the Tenth Doctor's tenure. It's called Blink because the creatures in this particular episode are angels that turn to stone if you watch them, but as soon as you look away, or even blink (they're wicked fast), they can move. And kill you. And poor Sally Sparrow (and her friend's brother) has to fight them off with only a video of the Doctor to help.

I watched it for the first time with my cousin Mikey.  She and I were in my room, in the basement, in the dark, at flipping 1:00 a.m. My mother was napping (yes, at 1:00 a.m.) upstairs. She had a pretty good rest too, until Sally and that other guy realised they had looked away from a certain angel. Mum was none too pleased about being woken up by our screams. Yeah. I couldn't go into a dark room for weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I have an opinion. A lot of the time I keep to myself, but the times that I do let you know what it is, I'll be right to the point. You may or may not like it.