30 November 2011

Day 10: British Airlines (July 12th)

Today we are off to Glasgow! And we don't leave til 10:30 so we got to have a much-needed lie-in! :) I am wearing my new dress with my Hogwarts cardigan today, and I curled my hair (it's SO big!) so I look pretty swell.

We had the same thing for breakfast as yesterday (seriously, these mushrooms are the most amazing things in this world). After we ate, we packed up our luggage and took it downstairs ourselves. We don't really want to risk it with the caddies. I read until it was time to board the coach. I just got to Malfoy Manor, so I have a pretty good chance of finishing before the 15th.

It only took an hour to get to Heathrow, so I guess traffic is quite good today. Karen gave us a little history commentary as we drove. Did I mention while we were in Oxford there was this huge accident and like three of four lanes were closed? Yikes...

I got patted down in customs! It was so weird...now I've had my bag checked by hand AND I've been patted down. Right now I am basically just sitting here waiting for 2:15. Currently it is 12:38. :/ There really aren't any interesting shops in this airport, unless you've got a few quid to spend on something like an iPad or a designer sweater. Or cologne...
...
Eventually, we flew to Glasgow! And landed! In the hall that you walk through after you get out of your plane I overheard the conversation of two girls in my group. They were talking about a scene in Deathly Hallows where Snape jumps out of a window and appears to be flying away. They were convinced he had turned into a bat because of the wording Jo had used to describe him flying away. Just because you appear 'bat-like' does not mean you turned into a bat, geez...

We had to wait for what felt like DAYS for some people's luggage. I wish everyone would have the sense to pack like Dad and me: one carry-on, and one 'personal item.' That way you can pack quite a lot, actually, without having to check a tandem coffin.

Back in the coach, we had a pit stop in a little town called Callender. We were given a chunk of time to roam its streets. Dad and I found this little Honeydukes-esque fudge shop where we purchased a large slab of honeycomb fudge. It was soooo good!

We left Callender and made it to the Isles of Glencoe, where we'll be staying for the next bit. The new hotel is simply adorable (I wish I had taken a picture!) and has the best view I've ever seen. The foliage here in Scotland is impossibly lush, and from our room window I can see plenty of it, including a loch that resembles the Black Lake. It feels like I'm on Hogwarts campus! The weather is also great. It's the perfect temperature all the time. I just hope it doesn't rain on our hike tomorrow. :0 I didn't bring my raincoat. :(

The hotel served us dinner. This place may look nice, but the food really wasn't that praiseworthy, and the service just sucked.

I'm in chapter 23!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I have an opinion. A lot of the time I keep to myself, but the times that I do let you know what it is, I'll be right to the point. You may or may not like it.