05 July 2011

Paris: Day 3: The EuroStar

This morning we ate breakfast once again in the restaurant next door to our hotel. I had a crepe this time, with nutella in it. Nutella is a really big thing here, I think. I see it everywhere.

We took a farewell walk of sorts around the city, and bought some 'abricot et pommes' croissants for our train ride into England. We sent off our postcards and rested (we had been getting to bed late and waking up early) and packed and made sure we weren't leaving anything behind.

At around 11:30, we called our cab and checked out of the hotel. We were now on our way to train station! Once we got there, it was so confusing and it took us forever to figure out where we needed to go. Also, we were confronted with sooo many people begging for money. It's incredibly annoying. :/ Anyway, we found our queue and got through it at a decent time. We didn't have to sit on the train for very long before it left the station.

I think it only took about two hours to get from Paris to London on the train. I had a window seat and so got to observe all the cute little houses and farms. The tunnell under the Channel didn't last nearly as long as I thought it would. It sure made one's ear pressure funky, though. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I have an opinion. A lot of the time I keep to myself, but the times that I do let you know what it is, I'll be right to the point. You may or may not like it.